- 2 hours ago 10 sharesToday’s announcement by the Trump Administration will cause irreparable damage to the Title X program, which provides critical care to low-income individuals and families. This decision will jeopardize the ability of millions of women, men and young people to discuss with their doctors all options when considering their healthcare choices. This is simply another ideological attack on the right of women, men and families to access a full range of quality and affordable reproductive healthcare services. I will fight to protect the nation’s family planning program as the Trump Administration attempts to undermine the health of low-income Americans.
- 7 hours ago 1 sharesI’m glad the NBA is reconsidering the draft age. But why wait until 2022? The requirement keeps players who are NBA ready from pursuing their careers. Lebron James, Dwight Howard, Kobe Bryant, and Moses Malone went straight to the NBA from High School, but Zion Williamson and others have to risk injury in the NCAA first. Predominantly white sports like golf, tennis, hockey, and baseball (historically white) don’t have these same requirements. There’s something wrong with keeping kids, who are likely African-American, from pursuing their chosen career and earning money for their families and communities.
- 2 hours ago 290 sharesThe president has attacked everything that could put a reasonable check on his power: The Justice Department, the FBI, the judiciary, the press, anything he cannot control or intimidate.
Now he has set his sights on the last constraint – Congress – and its power to appropriate funding. The power of the purse.
The time for "silent disagreement" by my Republican colleagues has long since passed. It's time to speak out. It’s time to act.
Duckworth, Durbin & Kelly Demand EPA Block Southeast Chicago Company from Exposing Children to Brain Damage | U.S. Senator Tammy Duckworth of Illinois2 hours ago 17 sharesA facility near several schools on the Southeast Side of Chicago is violating the Clean Air Act by releasing dangerous amounts of a neurotoxin that harms brain development and can lead to permanent neurological disorders into the air. This is alarming and Senator Dick Durbin, Robin Kelly and I are demanding the EPA take immediate action. Read our letter here:
- 2 hours ago 7 sharesCommuter rail offers huge potential for our economy in New Hampshire. I'm glad the New Hampshire State Senate has taken an important step toward commuter rail expansion across our state. I'm excited to work with my friend Congressman Chris Pappas who is on House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure to support these efforts. https://www.nhpr.org/post/senate-approves-bill-allowing-federal-rail-analysis-funds
- 3 hours ago 24 sharesEs vergonzoso que las insensibles órdenes de Maduro de bloquear la ayuda humanitaria ya hayan causado al menos una muerte y múltiples lesiones. Esta opresión violenta debe terminar, y los derechos humanos deben ser respetados.
On premiere of 'Desus & Mero' show, Ocasio-Cortez explains 'farting cows' reference in 'Green New Deal'4 hours ago 59 sharesThe one thing Missouri farmers don’t need is more government interference. We didn’t need the federal government to regulate the puddles in our fields and we don’t need them to regulate the flatulence from our cattle.
- 2 hours ago 299 sharesThis administration continues its political charade by targeting our state and cutting off negotiations on clean car standards. California will not stand idly by as the President and his allies attempt to put our clean air and the health of millions at risk.
- 2 hours ago 12 sharesI've joined my colleagues to introduce this resolution to block President Trump from raiding critical resources for our military and drug interdiction efforts for his medieval wall. We need 21st Century solutions at the border. President Trump is chasing a failed campaign promise.
- 2 hours ago 7 sharesOne in five women in the U.S. has relied on Planned Parenthood for care in her lifetime. This dangerous domestic gag rule is yet another Trump Administration attempt to deny health care access to those who need it the most.