We do need to tax the poor so they have stake in government spending. We have this problem of 75% of the population voting to increase the taxes on 25% all people incomes need to have a stake in tax rates.
Tell that to Houston's mayor, who wants to increase property taxes 9% to pay for Harvey. He says it is temporary, but we know how that one works!
But we might as well wish in 1 hand and $%!# in the other when it comes to the congress. While your at it could you put term limits in and Congress gets same barrycare the country has. I'll hold my breath.
I write this letter as a concerned citizen and an honorably discharged Viet Nam era Veteran. Like many before me, I wrote “The Blank Check”- thankfully not cashed, yet many, many were not so fortunate. I too took the same Oath as you career politicians, the one Congress often ignores by intent or/action(s). Year after year the results are sadly worsening – a runaway, often corrupted, bloated and inept Federal Government paying but ‘lip service’ to OUR Constitution. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators; thus, current members shall serve their term(s) in full accord with these Founding Visions. Upon leaving Congress - go home and go to work.
Below are 8 Suggestions that would ensure a sovereign America and support OUR duly elected President. I respectfully submit and suggest the following:
The Congressional Reform Act that will “Drain the Swamp”
1. No Tenure / No Pension. A Congressman/woman collects a salary while in office and shall receive no pay when they are out of office for any reason.
2. Congress (past, present, & future) shall participate in Social Security. All funds in the Congressional retirement fund shall be immediately moved to the Social Security fund. All future Congressional funds shall flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. These funds shall not be used for any other purpose!
3. Congress shall purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
4. Congress shall no longer vote either House any pay increase. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3% starting from 50% of current salaries. No exceptions shall be allowed.
5. All Congressional members/staff shall lose their current health care system and participate in the same health care system as legislated for the American people.
6. Congress shall equally abide by all laws they enact on the American people. There shall be no exceptions. Furthermore, all former Congressional servants/personnel shall not partake in any form of ‘Lobbying’ or serve any in any form of ‘Lobbyist’ directly, or indirectly for a period of 15 years.
7. Congress shall be required to produce and balance all federal budgets that shall not exceed each Presidential term.
8. All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women shall become null and void effective immediately upon enactment of these proposed amendments. The American people did not make these contracts with Congressional personnel/elected servants. All future violation of these Amendments shall be considered an act against the United States of America and treated as such. No immunity can be granted for any of these violations resulting in a conviction.
WE THE PEOPLE have a constitutional option - “The Convention of the States! Admittedly challenging! You see, Congress makes the Laws for the people. WE THE PEOPLE (the people who elected you folks) are required to abide by the Laws of OUR Nation: the same Laws often ‘legislated’ or ignored by Congress without penalty, or prosecution of any kind.
So as YOUR constituent I would like to know your thoughts on the aforementioned?
McConnell is never going to even bring this up for vote because he wants Trump to fail. He and Ryan are nothing but liberals with a R after their names.
Senator Cruz, would you be open to a smart new Federal estate tax that curbed Dynastic Wealth? Also, if we could craft a plan that suspended Federal taxes to zero for most working People during the next six years, would you be interested in sponsoring a working group?
Thank you for all of your Leadership, Senator Ted Cruz. #AIAG, and our best days are clearly in front of us. ✌️🇺🇲️🙏
eliminate taxes on anything medical and those that work in medical fields any thing that is taxed cost more lower health care cost
Every calculated, underhanded thing Obama and the Progressives did to tank the economy need to be REVERSED; including and especially the absurd, confiscatory taxation, and stifling regulatory burden. Free up the marketplace, return the incentive, and it will gear up accordingly. And the sooner the better.
Congress needs to stop this insane idea of removing the debt ceiling.......turns out lying Donny was only feeding his groupies a sales pitch. (Which I understood from day one, I knew who this man is...I never paid attention to his words, I researched his history)
Take the 64,000 pages of the previous tax code and burn it on the capital steps....that way no one can go back and rewrite thise laws...which are a hardship on every American when it comes to doing the Taxes.