I thought it was another picture of ISIS slaughtering captives on a beach. In comparison, I think ISIS shows more mercy than SEAL training. There was no time in my life I would have lasted an hour. Tip of the cap to her.
Women can and will serve, there are some things that they just can't do and things they may do very well that men can't so as well. Men and women are different even if we don't like it. Men are a whole lot stronger physically than women, their arms are longer they can carry heavier things than women for a farther distance. So to be on a very specialized team, women will have a very very hard time making the cut. Women can still become very specialized such as snipers, pilots etc.
Only a small percentage of all SEAL applicants make it to the end and become SEALS. Very difficulty mental and physical training. Perhaps 20 or so out of 150 actually become SEALS. This is not civil service.
Half way?? No way did she go "half way". According to news reports, she lasted ONE WEEK!!. That's not half way. I doubt that there are more than a half dozen women in this country who would be strong enough to make it half way, or maybe even all the way through. There are some very strong women athletes out there but the biggest thing for them to over come is the emotional aspect of what they put you through in that training.. Women are emotional oriented, it's the way God made them.
I am a marine, usmc boot camp is the hardest of all the services! Seal boot camp after normal boot camp is greatly harder than any training you could imagine. She is to be commended for her efforts. A salute to her!!
Most of the men applicants drop out. Don't know why a woman would think she could do this but I admire her for the try. I personally wouldn't want to even go to regular boot camp. lol God Bless all of our military. My husband was a Vietnam vet. God bless the USA.
You know what though, unlike Faulkner who made herself a spectacle, this woman stayed anonymous and just went for it.
I believe she just wanted this, as opposed to feeding her ego as a media darling.
As long as she walks away with continued dignity I have zero problem with her trying.
I give her big props for trying...All the men and women who serve this Constitutional Republic have earned my respect.. Rob Ennis U.S Army Infantry Veteran....
Not taking anything away from her, she tried and yes men drop out too. The entrant, one of a handful of female applicants who have applied for elite special warfare roles, appears to have exited the training pipeline after completing just half of the command's screening evaluations, sources told Task & Purpose. The first weeks of the program, which began on July 24 at Naval Amphibious Base Coronado in San Diego, include physical training with NSW Group 1 and a “mini” version of the BUD/S challenge that awaits the most qualified candidates.
So she was like 99.6% of the other guys who will drop out and not make it. There are 0.4% that make it every year of all who try out. She is an unbelievable badass as well as the other 99.6% that didn't make it. You have to be to even get an okay to try out.